Coleap is on a mission to make lifelong learning 10x more engaging, accessible and effective. We are building a platform to enable thousands of quality learning communities to emerge.
Your mission at Coleap
Our ambition is huge and we are searching for equally ambitious people to help us build a generationally-significant company. As our first Learning Designer, you will be responsible for creating, planning and driving incredible outcomes by working directly with creators and learner communities 💫
🎨 What you will be doing
- Enabling top-tier operators and influencers to transform their knowledge into inspiring, practical, and engaging learning paths. By modelling, teaching and supporting them in creating a learning community, you will play coach to them as they find their ‘teaching voice’. This requires taking both a 3,000 ft view of the overarching course strategy, as well as translating that into learner-facing curriculum & peer-learning activities
- Designing each step of these learning paths with the goal to deliver a phenomenal learner experience that helps them make leaps in their careers. This is our North Star at Coleap: we regularly achieved 80+ NPS courses, and want to maintain an aspirational standard for all our learning communities
- Working closely with Coleap’s Head of Education, Director of Learner Operations and Community Leads to implement a seamless journey for the learners
- Collaborate with our product team to turn learnings and insights into features for Coleap’s peer-learning platform
- Running creative experiments, setting up guides, and creating content to democratise what we know about building great learning communities
- You’ll have opportunities to move up and across the organisation over time!
🔎 Who we are looking for
- You have the ambition of building a generationally-defining venture for 100s of millions of users, joining as one of the first 20 team members
- You have a passion and a driving “why” to make education more effective, engaging, and accessible
- You bring 2+ years of working in instructional design or educational content creation in edtech, universities, or creative organisations. Familiarity with ADDIE, backward-design, Adobe Articulate 360 and other instructional design frameworks is a big plus!
- You have the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders across product and operations in a remote team setup
- You embrace the ambiguity characteristic of an early-stage startup as an opportunity to ask - “what else might be possible here?”
- You have a keen eye for what will attract and engage learners across the lifecycle of a learning community, from the very time they see the landing page, to the testimonials they write for future cohort
- This is key: we want to go beyond a creator-centered, “sage on the stage” model towards a true community and peer led model. You bring excitement to experiment with radical models of learning
💖 What is waiting for you
- A meaningful mission, a global vision and the opportunity to help millions of people around the world build a fulfilling career. Coleap aims to redefine the way lifelong learning operates, and you'll have a chance to mould our trajectory
- Ownership: This is day 1 on our 100-year mission. You'll get to define and drive some of Coleap's most strategic initiatives
- Competitive salary & equity: we pride ourselves on ensuring that you have significant stakes in the company. Everyone in Coleap receives equity in the business. Expect a generous fixed & variable compensation package on top.
- Remote-first culture: work flexibly from anywhere in a team that cares deeply
🤟 Handy info
We are hiring within anywhere GMT+3/-5 and use remote.com for our team contracts.
- Phone screen
- Case study
- Test drive
📲 We want to hear from you!
If you're excited about the position, reach out to our Head of Education over e-mail (email@example.com) with a short introduction of yourself. You can also apply here. We can't wait to hear from you!
PS: Please see everything here as a guide for the kinds of things we are looking for - we know that no candidate is ever perfect for the role and that there will be people out there who bring things to the table we haven't even thought of yet (and are super excited by this!). If you feel like your profile is close to this description but doesn't tick every box, please don't be afraid to apply.